I’ve been nominated!! Woo!! Thank you so much to Mira from Admirabely Legal for the nomination (check out her fantastic blog here), and thank you to my beautiful followers and readers. I’ve only been blogging for a little over a month but have quickly learnt what all this fuss is about. It’s bloody addictive!
Anyway, those of you who haven’t heard about the Liebster Award it’s an award to recognize new bloggers and get your names out there. How it works is once you’re nominated you are given 11 questions to answer so your readers can get to know a little bit more about you, then you nominate 11 blogs that you love and think deserve a bit of recognition for their work and come up with a set of questions for them to answer as well.
So here are my questions from Admirably Legal:
1) What inspires you every morning?
My friends and family. It’s sounds totally clichè but my friends are some of the most inspirational and driven people you’ll even meet. And my family keep me sane. My boyfriend is an incredibly positive person and can see the silver lining in every imaginable situation. Things like that make me want to be a more positive person.
(2) Where do you go when you need to get away?
For a run. I don’t mind where but as long as I’ve got my headphones in and my feet pounding the pavement all of my sanity comes rushing back to me somehow!
(3) What is your favorite dessert?
I love a good pavlova but my absolute fave would have to be mango cheesecake. Or coffee cake! Mmmm.
(4) What can you not go without each day? Coffee! I’m addicted. I need coffee at least three times a day. At least. In fact I need one right now. I just really love coffee. Coffee.
(5) What is your favorite book?
Hmm tough one. I prefer biographies and non-fiction books over fiction but the best book I’ve read lately is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (author of Kite Runner). It was so beautifully written I couldn’t put it down.
(6) Who is your favorite designer?
Woah hard question! Can I have a top five? Dion Lee, Jean Paul Gaultier, Yojhi Yamamoto, Vivienne Westwood and Sass and Bide.
(7) What is the kindest thing someone has said to you?
That my laugh makes them smile. I’m not sure if they meant it’s so ridiculous it makes them laugh at me or that it’s such a delightful chuckle that it makes birds sing and grey skies clear.. I’m going to choose the latter.
(8) If you could pick up and move anywhere in the world, where would you go? It would have to New York! Closely followed by Paris
(9) Who is your fashion icon/inspiration? Celeb wise I have to say Nicole Richie and Olivia Poleramo but I really get inspired by everyday people on the streets. I could people watch all day long and love seeing what people throw together
(10) What physical quality do you typically notice first when you meet someone new? Their eyes and smile
(11) What do you like to do for fun? Blog! Also give me a glass of wine and a Sex and the City re-run and I am one happy girl.
An now it’s my turn to nominate! The blogs I nominate are:
1. Beauty and the Mechanic
Congrats fellow bloggers! Be sure to check out these fantastic blogs and see what their answers to my questions are.
My q’s for my nominated bloggers are:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. Favourite thing to do to wind down after a crazy day?
3. How would you describe your style?
4. Who is your style icon?
5. Favourite place to holiday?
6. Favourite food?
7. Summer or Winter?
8. What is one outfit you regret?
9. One thing you cant live without?
10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
11. Your number one most favourite blog ever? (Besides The Little Red Blogger. Because we all know that’s your fave! Jks)
Good luck and happy nominating!